Sand Away Damaged Skin
Renew your skin tone and texture while improving wrinkles, age spots, acne, and more! All it takes is a quick trip to our office and a minimally invasive procedure. With microdermabrasion, we’ll gently sand away the thick layer of your outer skin, leaving you with a younger-looking complexion. The treatment is low risk with rapid recovery. Microdermabrasion can be used on its own or in conjunction with chemical peels to help keep skin feeling smooth. Whatever your skin goal is, let Winston Salem Dermatology provide you with amazing results.
What is a Microdermabrasion Facial?
The microdermabrasion facial is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure. A special applicator is used with an abrasive surface to exfoliate the skin. A vacuum then sucks up the exfoliated skin cells. The procedure is simple, quick, and painless with no downtime, and there’s no needles or anesthesia required. You’re probably wondering if it hurts. But it doesn’t hurt at all.
The Beauty Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion will blast your dull, dead skin cells, so you can see dramatic, quick results. While the face is the most common area for this procedure, any skin area, including the neck, chest, back, and hands, may be treated. Patients usually see great results after just one treatment like:
- Reduced age spots – Microdermabrasion produces a very superficial depth of skin removal, so it works best with improving problems that are on the surface of the skin like age spots, blackheads, and acne.
- Better skin tone – Improve hyperpigmentation and help lighten patches of dark skin by sanding off the top layer of the skin to encourage collagen growth.
- Exfoliated skin – Just like brushing your teeth helps remove plaque, microdermabrasion will help “brush” away skin debris and exfoliate your skin resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessened Stretch marks – While microdermabrasion won’t completely get rid of stretch marks. But, by improving the outer layer of the skin, it will make the stretch marks less apparent.
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles – The procedure will resurface the top layer of the skin, making the skin look softer and healthier. This will improve the appearance of shallow wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduced enlarged pores – Younger, smoother looking skin will shine through after rough, dead skin cells are removed. This will make enlarged pores appear smaller and lighter.
- Faded scars – Treat light scars left behind by acne. When the dead layer of skin cells is replaced by a smoother layer of skin, the scars will seem lighter.
How Does Microdermabrasion Work?
The microdermabrasion facial works by removing a few of the top layers of the skin, this is called the stratum corneum. After the top layer of dull, lifeless, flaking skin is gone, collagen production will ramp up, creating a new layer of smooth, refreshed skin. It’s often referred to as the “lunchtime facial” because the procedures last anywhere to 5 to 60 minutes.
What Can You Expect After a Microdermabrasion Facial?
Some people may experience red skin for a few hours after the procedure, and it may be more sensitive. However, most people return to their daily activities after the session ends. The skin typically regenerates every 30-days, so the results are temporary and will need to be repeated every two to four weeks for the maximum microdermabrasion benefits. For best results, multiple treatments are recommended along with sunscreen, sun avoidance, and other skincare creams.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost?
How often you get microdermabrasion done depends on your skincare needs and your budget. Most procedures see the biggest results when they are scheduled at one to two-month intervals. Treatments usually average $100-$200 per treatment.
Microdermabrasion with the Triad’s Preferred Dermatology Team
If you’re looking for a safe and effective facial with big results, look no further than microdermabrasion at Winston Salem Dermatology. Improve pigmentation, get rid of dull/ dry skin, and unclog pores with this quick treatment. We can perform this facial on its own or combine it with a chemical peel for ultimate results. Let us know what you are looking for, and we will work with you towards the results you’ve been dreaming of.
Discover the amazing microdermabrasion before and after results today! Call Winston Salem Dermatology to schedule your consultation at (336) 774-8636.