Helping Women Everywhere Keep Their Skin Glowing
As a trustworthy dermatology practice, it’s our goal to help you understand how to maintain the health and beauty of your skin, no matter what stage of life you may be in. When your skin is healthy, we know you will look and feel so much better about yourself.
We believe that there is no better time than now to invest in taking care of your skin. And with a team of professional skin care specialists to help you do just that, you can enjoy a lifetime of beautiful, healthy skin. No matter your age or your problem, we have a solution just for you.
Book your Consultation today! Call now ☎ (336) 774-8636
What Women’s Dermatology Really Means
From one woman to the next, we understand how important it is that you take care of your skin. Not just for the health benefits, but to also help you keep a natural, youthful glow. Here at Winston Salem Dermatology, our dermatologists and skin care specialists can help you find just the treatment option you need and desire. You won’t have to worry any longer about age spots, wrinkles, rashes, or any other skin condition.
Skin Conditions that Often Affect Women
There are several skin conditions that can affect women and their everyday way of life, but with our experience and advanced solutions, we’re able to provide women with the best possible skin care. With these treatments, you can once again have the glowing complexion you had as a younger woman.
A few of the many skin conditions that could affect your way of life may include those we’ve listed below.
- Acne – Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that can affect either gender at any stage in life. However, for adult women, acne may be more brutal than for men. This condition may also be affected by a woman’s menstrual cycle, causing flare-ups. Our typical treatment options include topical and oral medications; however, there are other solutions if the condition is severe.
- Pigmentation Problems – Pigmentation issues such as age spots and Melasma can occur more often in women than men. They are often caused by excessive sun exposure and estrogen, making the appearance of these conditions more severe. While these patches or spots may not occur in women under the age of 50, it’s always a good idea to check regularly.
- Vulva and Vaginal Conditions – Vulva and vaginal rashes are often caused by a variety of conditions such as yeast infections or bacterial infections, contact dermatitis, lichen sclerosis, or others. It’s important to us that our patients know they can feel comfortable discussing any skin condition with us, no matter where they occur.
Types of Dermatology Treatments for Women
All women have very specific skin care needs, some of those needs requiring treatments to cure them. Whether you simply wish for more self-confidence or if you’d like to get that natural, youthful glow back, we have something for everyone.
- Cosmetic Injections – We offer a variety of cosmetic injections to choose from, including Botox. More often than not, we perform this procedure for women who are wanting to have a fuller, more natural look.
- Laser Procedures – Our laser procedures, such as laser hair removal, are often used for women who have hair in unwanted places. These treatment options can be done in the office and with our cooling gel, they are nearly painless.
- Skin Cancer – Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer people are diagnosed with each year. And despite what others may say, it is one of the easiest to diagnose and treat.
- Skin Rejuvenation – Our skin rejuvenation treatments are another popular skin care solution for women. If you’ve noticed age spots or wrinkles recently and would like to correct those, our skin rejuvenation can do just the trick.
- Birthmarks, Moles and Other Growths – Though birthmarks, moles, skin tags and other growths affect women of all ages, they are the most often removed. These conditions can be treated in-office within the matter of minutes with very little pain.
Skin Care Tips for Women at Home
While we can easily treat a variety of skin conditions in any of our offices, it’s crucial that you continue your skin care at home. Here at Winston Salem Dermatology, one of our main goals is to educate men and women of all ages on how they can continue caring for their skin after we’ve treated them. We’ve listed several tips below for you to consider taking advantage of once you’ve left our office.
- Follow Your Skin Care Regime Religiously
- Use Sunscreen Regularly
- Always Exfoliate
- Use a Reliable Under Eye Cream
Why You Should Choose Winston Salem Dermatology
Here at Winston Salem Dermatology, we have a motto that we live by – Your Skin, Our Passion. No matter what age you may be or what skin condition you may be faced with, we do everything we can to help you find the perfect skin care solution. If you would like to know more about our products and services, feel free to give us a call at +1 (336) 774-8636 or visit us at our main office in Winston Salem.