The Restylane Kysse Filler has been available for international use for some time now, but as of May 2020, it has been FDA-approved in the United States. Kysse is a new, longer lasting hyaluronic acid filler that adds volume to your lips without undergoing extensive surgery. Because it is a hyaluronic acid filler, the FDA puts it in the same category as Juvéderm and other similar Restylane products. With this colorless, flexible filler, you can have fuller lips with a more natural look.
How Restylane®Filler Products are Used
The Restylane filler products used today are typically utilized for the skin on the face, the lips, and sometimes the hands. Each product is created to smooth away facial wrinkles or folds, enhance the volume of the lips, smooth any wrinkles and lines around the mouth, add volume to the cheeks, or add volume to the hands. Restylane Kysse is injected into the lips and lines around the upper lip to smooth any wrinkles and add a natural fullness to the lips. This product is only used in patients over the age of 21.
Benefits of Restylane® Kysse Filler
Your lips are often the center of attention, especially when speaking to others. While they experience ageing due to wind and sun exposure, they also age because you use them everyday when laughing, talking, frowning, or smiling. Restylane Kysse subtly enhances the fullness of your lips while adding a soft, natural definition to their borders. Compared to other similar products, Kysse is known for its longer lasting, smoother results. While most patients benefit from this filler product for 6 to 9 months, others have seen the results last for as long as a year after treatment.
What Happens During the Procedure?
The procedure for injecting Kysse is quite simple and can be completed in a matter of minutes in the office. Your doctor may start by cleansing the area to be treating, followed by a topical numbing cream or ointment to reduce the amount of pain felt. The procedure will then begin with the first injection, taking a short break between each injection to allow the anesthetic in the Restylane Kysse itself to continue numbing the remaining area. Your doctor will then continue injecting the Kysse until the area being treated portrays the results you desire. Once you have completed the procedure, your doctor may massage the area to ensure the filler is being distributed evenly throughout the area, giving you a full, voluminous look.
Precautions to be Taken
It’s important that you know all the risks involved with having a filler injection procedure, as well as the precautions you can take. We’ve listed several of these precautions below for you to review and ask questions about beforehand.
- Treatment should be postponed if there are any skin sores, rashes, cysts, infections, or signs of acne in the area to be treated.
- If you have a bleeding disorder, please inform your doctor as the risk of bruising or bleeding will increase with the procedure.
- Be sure to inform your doctor if you are taking any NSAIDs, as these increase the chance of bleeding and bruising as well.
- If you are planning to receive other skin treatments such as laser surgery, microneedling, hair removal, or chemical peel, please inform your doctor. These treatments could increase your chance of experiencing side effects such as inflammation.
- Minimize your exposure to the sun after treatment and avoid being in excessive heat or cold until all swelling and redness as went away.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, speak with your doctor about possible issues before receiving the Kysse injections.
- Inform your doctor of any history including excessive, deep scarring.
If you have other questions that are not listed above, feel free to contact one of our skin care specialists today. We will be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have before and after the procedure.
Winston Salem Dermatology – Your Ideal Dermatologist
Whether you are experiencing signs of ageing around your mouth or if you simply wish to add volume to your lips, we have the perfect solution for you here at Winston Salem Dermatology. In addition to our Relytane Kysse filler injections, we also offer several other treatment options to reverse any signs of ageing. Your skin is our passion here at Winston Salem Dermatology and we cannot wait to help you get that youthful glow you desire. Contact us today at +1 (336) 774-8636 or visit our website to learn more about our available services and products.