HA Filler for Wrinkles and Folds
Smiling is a good thing, but not when it comes to wrinkles. Years of repeated facial movements like smiling, can cause dynamic wrinkles. You’ll notice these wrinkles not only when you smile, but when you express fear, worry, joy, sadness, and surprise. You want to be able to show emotion, but just not show the wrinkles that come with it, right? That’s where RHA fillers come into play. These dermal fillers are designed to adapt to your facial movements to give you natural younger-looking skin while still allowing your face to show emotion. And the best part? There’s no surgery or downtime required.
What are Dynamic Facial Lines?
Dynamic wrinkles form from repeated muscle motions, like facial movements we use to express ourselves. Frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and smile lines are all part of dynamic wrinkles. We get these wrinkles from squinting, smiling, and furrowing the brow. These wrinkles can form from a habit movement, like athletes easily develop crow’s feet from squinting from being in the sun, and smokers develop wrinkles above the lips. When we are young, our skin bounces back after we make these movements, but as we age, we lose collagen, which causes these wrinkles to become more permanent. When the wrinkles get deeper and become permanent, that’s when they turn into stagnant wrinkles.
What is the Difference Between Stagnant Wrinkles and Dynamic Lines?
- Dynamic lines are caused by repetitive muscle contractions used to make expressions. Once the emotion passes, the wrinkles go away. Common areas for these wrinkles are frown lines (between the eyebrows), forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and smile lines. Over time these wrinkles become stagnant wrinkles.
- Stagnant wrinkles are the result of the loss of elasticity and collagen in our face. This causes sagging skin and wrinkles because of the loss of volume in the facial tissue. These wrinkles remain in the face after the facial muscles relax and tend to deepen with age. These are typically in the corners of the mouth, across the cheeks, and along the neck.
What is RHA®?
RHA stands for resilient hyaluronic acid. The face filler is an effective, natural way to replace the skin’s hyaluronic acid loss. These fillers can be used in the cheeks, around the eyes, and around the mouth to bring back the volume to your face, which softens wrinkles and folds. These fillers are designed to adapt to your facial movement and mimic the natural HA found in your skin. These HA fillers offer stretch and strengthen to correct dynamic wrinkles and folds for a natural rejuvenated appearance. The RHA fillers are painless, easy to inject, and long-lasting.
The Three Levels of RHA® Fillers
There are three levels of RHA fillers to remove wrinkles. Each one is formulated to fit your needs with different levels of stretch and strength. Depending on the area being treated, the procedure may require multiple injections. The fillers are painless and quick. A typical visit lasts about 30-40 minutes. Here are the types of RHA fillers that are available and what areas they treat:
- RHA® 2 is an injectable gel that treats moderate dynamic wrinkles and lines found around the lips and mouth. The HA filler is injected into the moving area of the face to smooth and soften the wrinkles and folds.
- RHA® 3 is a filler for wrinkles that is injected around your face, including the nose and mouth. The gel reduces mild to severe wrinkles.
- RHA® 4 reaches deep into the dermis to correct moderate to severe dynamic facial wrinkles and folds.
Natural Looking Results with RHA Fillers
Here’s the deal, RHA fillers don’t paralyze your muscles like other face injectables do. Instead, the gel that is injected easily moves with your facial muscles, causing a natural-looking younger complexion. You won’t be expressionless with an HA filler. You can still show expressions because the filler will work with the dynamic movements of your face while reducing wrinkles. Keep in mind, you may see some swelling and bruising after the injections are done, but this should not last longer than a week.
RHA dermal fillers have been clinically proven to last up to 15 months. How do the results last so long? It is because the hyaluronic acid takes longer to metabolize. So, this means it will take longer for the product to break down, producing longer-lasting results than other face fillers. Results are seen immediately after the procedure, but it will take about a week to see the maximum outcome from the injections.
Eliminate Wrinkles and Get Natural-Looking Results at Winston Salem Dermatology
If you are looking to improve the appearance of dynamic lines with natural-looking results, RHA fillers could be the perfect option for you. With RHA fillers, there is no surgery required, and no downtime needed. Best of all, the results are quick and long-lasting. If you want to rejuvenate your skin, Winston Salem Dermatology can customize a treatment plan for your skin. We have a team of experts dedicated to helping you maintain the health and beauty of your skin, no matter what stage of life you are in. If you are interested in learning more about HA fillers or want to know about any other services we offer, give us a call at (336) 774-8636.