Juvederm is a smooth gel that is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that can easily be found in your own body. The job of this substance in your body is always to add volume and keep your skin hydrated. As we continue to age, the natural volume of our skin will begin to diminish, causing wrinkles and folds to form.
There are two types of Juvederm Voluma available in the U.S. – Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus. Juvederm Ultra is an excellent treatment plan for contouring and volumizing lips, as well as mild to moderate facial wrinkles and folds. Juvederm Ultra Plus is created with a more robust formula, made to add volume and correct the deeper wrinkles and folds, as well as to replace volume loss in the hands and face.
With this type of injection, the process will only take a matter of minutes and typically only requires local or topical anesthesia. The results are immediate, and the recovery time is very minimal, allowing you to step out of the doctor’s office and right back into your daily routine.
How Does JUVÉDERM® Work?
Juvederm is specifically created to add volume to your facial tissue through its most active ingredient – Hyaluronic Acid. As you get older and the collagen in your face decreases, this treatment will increase the appearance of your aging skin.
During the sessions, a pen will be used to mark the areas that are to be treated. Your skin care specialist will then inject the Juvederm into the targeted areas; they will also massage the area to ensure there is an even distribution of the medication. Depending on the severity of your condition, the procedure should only take between 15 and 60 minutes.
What Can JUVÉDERM® Treat?
- JUVEDERM™ Ultra – While your lips may be the last thing you consider when you think of facial aging, they lose the same support just as our skin does. Juvederm Ultra provides the fullness you need by filling the vertical wrinkles that form on your lips.
- JUVEDERM™ Ultra Plus – Juvederm Ultra Plus adds volume back to your lips and their surrounding areas without enlarging your lips. It is composed of bigger molecules, making it thicker and a longer lasting solution. This is a much better treatment option for severe wrinkles, folds, and lip volume enhancement.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma™ XC – You call it sagging cheeks and the experts call it age-related volume loss. As you age and you lose the collagen in your skin, your cheeks will continue to flatten. With Juvéderm Voluma® XC, you can get that lost volume back and contour your cheek area.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella™ XC – If you’re looking to add a little volume and shape to your lips, this is the perfect solution for you. With Juvéderm Volbella® XC, you erase all those vertical lines that are a result of volume loss. And the best part is you won’t have to worry about your lips being enlarged from the medication. When compared to Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus, this is a much more subtle treatment option.
- JUVÉDERM Vollure™ XC – This is the newest addition to the Juvederm dermal fillers family. It is designed to correct moderate to deep creases and wrinkles that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth. It is also used to treat the parentheses lines framing the mouth.
Best Candidate Options for JUVÉDERM®
Juvederm is an FDA-approved treatment option for patients who are aged 21 and over. Most patients who opt for this type of treatment are typically in their mid-40’s to 50’s. This approved use extends to lines that are located anywhere on the face; however, it is not recommended for wrinkles that form due to facial expressions.
What Results Can You Expect?
As with most facial fillers and skincare specialists, the goal is to achieve the best possible results – a more youthful, natural appearance. In most every case, you will see preliminary results from your treatment as soon as you leave the office; however, the final results will take a few days to settle in. The FDA has approved Juvederm to last up to one year, but most patients make the decision to return for more sessions within 9 to 12 months.
How Much Does JUVÉDERM® Cost?
In 2016, the average cost for a Juvederm injection was $620 per syringe. However, this will vary depending on your physician, their location, the number of treatments necessary, and the number of syringes used. Since this is an elective treatment option, most health insurance will not cover any of the cost.
Why Choose Winston Salem Dermatology?
We understand how important it is that you choose a product you feel comfortable with when it comes to dermal fillers. And here at Winston Salem Dermatology, we have just that. In addition to our many fillers, Juvederm has become one of the most sought out due to its long lasting, effective results. You can learn more about these treatment plan by giving us a call today at (336) 774-8636.